52 Weeks of Peace [squared] / Week #68
June 7, 2012 § 2 Comments
“Love is nothing in tennis, but in life it’s everything.”
Give it your all. Play hard. Slam that ball right down the line, ace the serve, feel the exhilaration from getting the impossible shot, the satisfaction of a great rally with a well-matched opponent.
The trick, of course, is to stay steady. It’s not always the lowest, hardest, fastest shot, (which is, perhaps unfortunately, the way I like to play!), but the ability to consistently direct that fuzzy little yellow ball at your command …. and to do that, you gotta have not only practice, heart and energy, but a strong psyche. Just like off the court, you don’t want to get thrown off your game by a self-defeating attitude, right? Where’s the peace in that?
I won’t deny, winning feels great ~ but, playing your best, regardless of the guy across the net, brings a level of peace you just can’t beat. And that’s a good personal Match Point for anything you do.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)